Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Trumpet's Last Horn






As beautiful as the Trumpet Flower is, I am sad to say that I will be removing this flowering bush from the garden next week to ensure the safety of my Grandchildren's visits in the backyard. My oldest son gave me a starter shoot in a medium clay pot several years ago. The growth rate of this plant has been fast and phenomenal. It is now over ten feet tall.

I remember the first three trumpet blossoms that made their appearance in a transparent shade of white, and then delicately turned into a blush pinkish-orange colour at the widest end of their trumpet. I gave them the nickname of "dancing skirts" as each trumpet blossomed that first year.

I will miss the crowd of dancing blossoms but will always be gratefull for the photo shots they afforded me to have in my portfolio.

No comments: