Thursday, June 26, 2008

Morning Glorious

The heat spell in Southern California has calmed down a bit so I took the opportunity to weed the flower beds early in the morning.

My hot cup of coffee sat on the patio table as I furiously tackled the overgrown and out-of-control Morning Glories. They were trying to strangle the Bougainvillea bush and had jumped the fence to attack my neighbor's Orange tree on the other side of the brick wall.

I carefully untangled the vines from the Bougie but had to trim some of the small branches off of the citrus tree to release the death grip the Morning Glories had on its leaves.

I stared for a while at the gaping whole I made in my neighbor's tree and considered taking the offensive MG's completely out of the garden, but, when I watered everything down, a refreshing scene of purple and green promised to keep the yard cool even if the temperature decided to rise again. I sat back and quite enjoyed the purple flowers as I sipped on my lukewarm cup of coffee.

Maybe I'll take them out next year.

No comments: