Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Home Sweet Cherry Tomatoes







Since food prices have gone up considerably, I have been trying to economize in any way possible to help not only with the energy crisis, but to put my two cents in to help the ecological economy in general.

Because my garden time is limited, a few years ago I found it easier to garden from flower boxes or flowerbeds, and this year I am growing vegetables in pots. It's very popular and easy to access when the product is ripe.

I stopped eating tomatoes from the grocery store years ago because they were, and still are, picked green and quite frankly they are tasteless. I bought one sixty-nine cent pack of cherry tomatoes and it has been producing delicious tomatoes for two weeks now. The yield is just right for my husband and me and now tomatoes have been added back into our meals.

No comments: